Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Shame and the Hut

Remember when I said there will be more scenery post coming? Back in July? Yeah didn't work out. Who would have guessed? The shame sits deep since everything lies exaclty where I put it those 6 months ago. I played some CoC games but that's about everyting I did.
But a week ago I got two small plastcraft games scenery kits from a friend and started to put it together including making some small changes.




The huts design wasn't to my liking so I had to do some modifications which are minor but a lot of them.


I changed the roof to shingles, made some window frames and made those wooden beams actually out of wood.


Also added the stones that are meant for the roof to the walls which will be covered in structure paste.


Since I am a fan of making scenery playable I covered the blank side of the door with wooden beams. I know they don't look even closely like the outer design of the door but I don't care.


Also added a fireplace which means I have to add a chimney to the outside of the hut.


And finally a shot to see how the roof is removable. I also will be adding a floor with wooden panels.
So next things to do here is the chimney and the floor followed by structuring the walls.
I also got a western style store building but I first want to get this done and also don't know how to properly modify that one for fitting in a fantasy world.

Cheers



2 comments:

  1. Great looking building, but I do think it would have been just as good completely scratch-built !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zab,and yes that's exactly what I was thinking as I looked at those pictures
      Probably a already cut out hut was just the motivation I needed.

      Delete