Friday, April 22, 2011

Cardboard Cutting

I had to cut a lot of cardboard for the next step onto finishing the Appartement building. Not only for the stairs...




 but also for the doorframes.

 

Now my fingers are hurting and there is still no end in sight because the next step is doing the floors... and they will be covered by a lot of cardboard tiles which means cutting carboard to cover an area about 100cmx50cm.
I also received the MDF yesterday but I found out that I ordered the wrong so I just ordered the right one. Stupid me. But it looks like I get a lot of work done next week like the street tiles and the bases for the already finished buildings. Well if the MDF arrives soon. Until then I'll cut some more cardboard. It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

3 comments:

  1. It's definitely a labour of love, keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I can't reccomend highly enough for cutting lots of tiles (and giving your fingertip a break from the numbness) is a cheap rotary trimmer or "guillotine" type affair.

    I got mine at staples for less than a tenner and the markings mean I can cut even sized strips, then even sized tiles really quite quickly.

    ReplyDelete